PS3 Trophies

gamerbears

Resident Evil Outbreak - PS2

This was probably the best online game I've played on the PS2. The gameplay and the four player action made up for the lag that you get when playing online. During this time I didn't have broadband connection so my only chance was to play offline with the one player. Once I got broadband I went online and started to play online.

The best thing about this is having friends you could go on with and play online. I met a few other people as well including a fellow Bear Gamer who I played with on Outbreak File 2. I do believe that RE Outbreak was probably the best outbreak because it had so much you could do plus the areas were really big compared to most of the levels of RE Outbreak File 2.

The game let you choose from 8 players each with their own ability to do something in the game which helped others get through some obstacles or certain items or unlock doors faster than shoulder tackling the door open.

My favorite character is possibly Yoko as she carries an extra four more slots than most of the other players, but with that advantage comes disadvantage as Yoko runs slower and takes damage three times as much as the rest of the characters. She does have a evade tactic which helps from dodging zombie attacks and from evading zombies on danger. Here are a few videos of me playing online.













With pretty much playing RE Outbreak to death they decided to come out with a new game called Resident Evil Outbreak File 2.



I think the U.S. version of this game lacked so many good things that they took out of the European and Japanese releases. They took out the character voices, developers thought that it would offend parents hearing Jim say "Fuck that shit" even though they shouldn't be buying their 14 year old Outbreak in the first place as it has a rating M which is not suitable for kids under 17 years old.

After about a year of the game being online Capcom finally took it down because they felt that not a lot of people played online but they were so wrong as there was still a huge community of gamers still playing online. With them shutting down File 2 it was only a matter of time when the first Outbreak game would see the same fate. A couple of months later they finally closed down Outbreak leaving Resident Evil fans speechless and angry, I was one of those fans as I knew that RE Outbreak was still a good game and I enjoyed playing it online it was the main reason why I bought the PS2 Network Adapter but now that it's offline I had to soon wait and play another game online.

I hear people saying that with PS3 and 360's Resident Evil 5 that you and a friend can play online, this might help a huge amount for any new Resident Evil fans who want to have a second chance of playing online with someone else. I can't wait for RE5 to come out.

0 comments: